UPDATED OCTOBER 2019
Each year, we at Guidance Point Advisors meet with well over 100 households in the Bangor, Maine area with respect to their Financial Planning and Investment needs. Because so many folks know our thoughts and feelings (from this website and our blog ) on all things "financial planning" and “financial advisors”, they often ask us who are some of the other financial advisors, planners and competitors we have in the area. Never ones to shy away from being blatantly honest with respect to competition, and wanting our customers to be as informed as possible. All of the firms listed utilize a similar “Fee Only” model to Guidance Point Advisors, meaning they do not accept commissions or other product compensation and only charge their fee for the advice given. Additionally, all firms listed are a “Fiduciary” when working with their clients – a value that we whole heartedly embrace and share. Here is a list of some of the companies that have a solid Financial Advisory & Planning history, and that we consider, in our opinion, to be the best financial advisors in Bangor and the surrounding area.
1. Deighan Wealth Advisors: Having been around since 1994, Deighan Wealth Advisors is located in Bangor on Harlow Street, and specialize in financial planning and investment management. The company also focuses on topics including budgeting, education savings, retirement planning, insurance review, and estate planning.
2. Gibson Financial Services: Located in Ellsworth, Gibson Financial Services has also been around the Bangor area for many years, with a goal of enabling clients to take control of their own financial circumstances with confidence through education.
3. Camden National Wealth Management: Formerly named Acadia Trust, Camden National Wealth Management's client-focused team includes many capable and experienced individuals who learn about the client’s unique financial objectives and create customized solutions to help them achieve their goals.
4. Bangor Savings Bank Wealth Management: Another staple of the central Maine financial advisory market over the years, Bangor Savings Bank utilizes a Trust Department model that integrates banking and investment solutions.
5. SagePath Financial Planning, LLC: Unlike many on this list, SagePath Financial Planning provides financial advice by offering hourly, as-needed financial planning and advice to anyone regardless of their net worth or level of income.
So, there are 5 companies to consider if you're considering working with a Financial Advisor or Financial Planner.
Also, here are some additional resources to help you select a financial advisor that fits your needs:
Finally, we thought you'd like to know about our office in Bangor, Maine located at 108 State Street. We invite you to meet one of our Financial Advisors and meet us for yourself ! Also, you can read more about our team in Maine here.
*"Best" is the opinion of Guidance Point Advisors based on professional interactions, reputation, business model style, and community involvement.